Who We Are
The Options Industry Council was created in 1992 to be the home of unbiased options education for all levels of investors. Today, OIC is supported by OCC, the world’s largest equity derivatives clearing organization, and it serves investors around the world, working to ensure they understand the opportunities, as well as the risks, associated with exchange-listed equity options.
- European Demand for US Listed Equity Options
- European Interest in US Options: Factors Driving Renewed Demand
- European Trading of US Listed Equity Options 2014: Shifting Demand in a Changing Market Landscape
- Analysis on Structured Products and Listed Equity Options in Europe: An Industry Overview and Future Prospects
- The Options Landscape for Hedge Funds
- Loosening Your Collar: Alternative Implementations of QQQ Collars
- Incorporating Covered Calls (Financial Advisor registration required)
OIC offers various partnership arrangements, and our options and technical specialists are here to assist you in the presentation of content within your firm’s website.
The Value of Clearing
As a central counterparty, OCC ensures that the obligations of the contracts it clears are fulfilled. OCC becomes the buyer for every seller and the seller for every buyer, enhancing market stability. Read the article.
The Value of Education
The OIC provides education about the benefits and risks of exchange-listed equity options, and its website contains a host of information on their versatility. However, because options are also a complex product, OIC hosts seminars, videos and podcasts throughout the year, in addition to offering live help. Learn more about how OIC works for investors.